1.As part of the Memorandum of Understanding signed between Aġenzija Żgħażagħ, within the Ministry of Inclusion and Social Well-Being and the Malta LGBTIQ Rights Movement, MGRM is inviting applications for two positions of Youth Work Provision of Service to be provided with the MGRM.
2. The responsibilities of the Youth Worker include an ability to provide:
- A positive social network and safe environment for the young people participating in the programme/s and/or service/s by the Malta LGBTIQ Rights Movement;
- Holistic personal development opportunities which are empowering and motivating;
- Deliver quality youth work services following MGRM’s and Aġenzija Żgħażagħ’s policies, objectives, standards and procedures;
- Engage with young people in leisure and entertainment working areas as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide care and support, informal education and referral to other services where required;
- Work as part of a team and collaborate with management and co-ordinators of MGRM;
- Keep attendance and participation records of young people attending the programme/s and/or service/s;
- Participate in meetings and internal evaluations as necessary at no additional cost;
- Provide at least three months in advance, the programme planned including the activities to be delivered to young people, which has to be approved by MGRM;
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained and that data is protected according to General Data Protection Regulations enacted on 25th May 2018.
3. The successful service candidates should hold a qualification in Youth and Community Studies at diploma level or higher;
4. The successful service candidates will be offered a two-year contract agreement with MGRM for a minimum of six hours monthly, mainly in the evenings or over the weekend and according to the selected candidates’ availability hours mutually agreed and annexed to the contract, to perform duties on a different number of projects that MGRM will be engaged in.
5. The rate is €15.00 per hour of service delivered [or contact time with young people] if the candidate holds a degree or higher qualification in Youth Work and €12.50 per hour of service delivered [or contact time with young people] for candidates with a diploma, which either rate is inclusive of all taxes and no further fees shall be charged for travelling, preparation for sessions including meetings concerning the programme/s and/or service/s.
6. Motivational letters, including a Europass CV, work experience, references and certified copies of qualifications and the police conduct certificate are to be submitted to MGRM, 32, Parish Street, Mosta MST 2021 in a sealed envelope or by email to email@example.com by not later than 16th May 2021.
7. Original certificates and testimonials are to be submitted for verification at the interview.
8. The Selection Criteria and weightings set for the interview are the following: Knowledge about the Malta LGBTIQ Rights Movement and context; Knowledge and Suitability about the post including an understanding of the role and experience; Abilities and Skills including applied learning, communication skills, teamwork and leadership skills and Personal Attributes including motivation and commitment; adaptability and flexibility and personality.
9. Eligible candidates providing such service will be interviewed by a selection board to assess their suitability for the post.
10. Applications by post should be sent by registered mail, allowing sufficient time to ensure delivery by the above deadline. These applications will be acknowledged in writing by MGRM within seven days.
11. Malta LGBTIQ Rights Movement reserves the right to reject any or all submissions associated with this call for an Expression of Interest. Late applications will be discarded.
12. For further information or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org